Montgomery County Special Needs Estate Planning Attorney
Also Serving Philadelphia County, Merion Station and Surrounding Areas
Caretakers of mentally or physically handicapped individuals must take
into consideration how their care will be obtained if you are no longer
able to provide for them. At
Sallen Law, our Merion Station attorney can help you establish an effective estate
plan, will, or trust that will establish all guardianship, caregivers,
assets, property, and wishes that you may have regarding your loved one’s
care. To ensure that your plan covers your varied needs, we work seamlessly
with your accountants, financial advisors, or other professionals.
If you have been considering obtaining legally sound and reliable planning
for your family and loved ones, call our Merion Station office today at
(215) 809-3900 and work with our trusted, experienced team today.
Special Needs Trusts
There are a few obstacles that caregivers need to consider when bequeathing
assets or property to disabled family members. When it comes to Supplemental
Security Income, Medicaid, and even basic living allowances, providing
too much or too little of assets could mess with benefits, which is why
a Special Needs Trust should be established.
Special Needs Trusts can help you and your family in numerous ways, including:
- Supplementing already in-place governmental benefits for food, housing,
- Provide recreational and social outing funds
- Allowance for purchases such as hobbies, entertainment, sporting events,
- In-home care or outing escorts
- Medical expenses at facilities of your, or their, choice
- Dental coverage
- Personal transportation vehicles or private pick-ups
- Educational funds
Special Needs Trusts are established as a way to benefit the dependent
beneficiary without limiting or interrupting their government-provided
benefits such as Social Security Income or Medicaid provisions.